Operation Clean Beaches 2022: National Federation of Moroccan Scouting in action on the Kingdom’s beaches
The National Federation of Moroccan Scouting (FNSM) has implemented an outreach program that aims to:
• Raise awareness by involving vacationers in campaigns for cleanliness and environmental protection.
• Raise awareness among citizens about the need to protect the environment, which is essential to promote the values of volunteering and good citizenship;
• Create fun activities for children, including sports and drawing competitions with the main theme: the environment and the coastline;
• Animate the Media Forum Special Clean Beaches, created by volunteers on the Internet, to facilitate the exchange of experiences and good practices;
• Create miniature murals on the theme: maintain clean beaches;
• Organize a mobile exhibition in partnership with the Mohammed VI Foundation for Environmental Protection to promote environmental values, good citizenship and activism.
The operation was launched in 2022 with the participation of 600 scouts and guides, both girls and boys.
These efforts are primarily aimed at young people enjoying summer camping, local associations and their members, disadvantaged youth, and the local population.
Thus, nearly 50,000 people will benefit from the FNSM program conducted on the beaches during the 2022 summer season.
It is worth remembering that the National Federation of Moroccan Scouting, chaired by His Royal Highness Prince Moulay Rachid, includes several Moroccan Scout organizations. Founded in 1933, the Federation is a member of OMMS since 1961 and brings together over 300000 members across the Kingdom of Morocco.
The FNSM joined the Clean Beaches program in 2003 and has won the prestigious Lalla Hasnaa Clean Beaches Award on two occasions, in 2003 and 2012, which rewards awareness-raising activities for vacationers and on the values of Scouting: nature and camping, good citizenship and commitment.
Each year, the goal is the same: to improve summer conditions in order to make our beaches smile and fly the international Blue Flag eco label every year.